the Fair, the Tan and the Rest of Us

Everyone looks better with a tan.  Whenever I glance at my arms I can't help but think, "ugh, I am so pasty!"  My legs are even worse.  While the best tan is the one you can get on vacation at the beach, any color will really do.  For example, Kristen Stewart--a beautiful girl, and quite pale.  But there's a shot in "Breaking Dawn" where she has clearly had some fun in the sun.  After seeing her like that, it's hard to appreciate the pasty white color she usually rocks.  I mean, look:

Doesn't she look happy, relaxed and TAN?

That's probably the worst photo to explain my point, but that's the scene for those who are paying attention.  No, I am not some crazy Twi-hard.  The same goes for Nicole Kidman: 

Don't think this really classifies as "tan," but there's some flush in her face.

Don't misunderstand, alabaster skin is beautiful, and Nicole K. can definitely pull it off.  I can appreciate a nice ghost look, especially because women with such skin take amazing care of themselves by wearing hats, stay out of the sun, etc.  My dad's a redhead, and I know those suckers get burned.  And with everything that we have learned about skin cancer and good skin care it's not terribly fair for me to spout out my thoughts.  But that is where VersaSpa (love) comes in!  Victoria's Secret instant self-tan (a MUST for $12) and all the places that hose people down.  I don't support tanning beds, or really spending every day of the summer with baby oil as sunscreen.  Again, with everything we have learned, we can seek out some paint for our skin as an alternative to UV rays.
There's a difference between getting a little color and turning into the Lorax…bright orange, which is just nasty.

She is a freak of nature.  I admit, I'm a big Jennifer Aniston fan…and she always looks tan!

I know many people with fair skin and freckles (I'm swimming in that gene pool).  I know what happens when they get in the sun.  But one chick I know rocks Sally Hansen airbrush like nobody's business.  Kaitlin sprays it on and her skin looks flawless.  It's a pain in the ass, gets everywhere when applying, and isn't really so much a perfume, but it makes such a difference.  She's a performer, so applying it on her arms, chest, back and legs is definitely not an everyday thing.  She's already breathtaking, and slathering on some goop just intensifies her beauty.  

I am NOT saying pale people are ugly or should be shrouded and kept from sight.  Maybe it's where I live, or how I grew up, but I've had this conversation with many people who agree.  I looked better as a child after spending the day at the pool, even without any front teeth!  Tans provide a slimming effect, which every woman appreciates.  It hides imperfections and brings a little life to the face.  Which is why I am always searching for the Groupon that offers VersaSpa at a discount!!

If nothing else, a great tan says to someone, "I had a good time doing something and YOU didn't!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Children Better be Our Future!

Queer as Folk

Phelps, Lochte and Wieber, oh my!