M.A.C. Attack

I found this suggestion to mix Palmer's Cocoa Butter and MAC body/face foundation, 2 shades darker than my skin tone, for a kind of self-tanner.  I dragged my happy ass to MAC to run in and out--I knew what I wanted, right?  So, how is it that the girl who helped me talked me out of what I wanted.  Instead of 2 shades darker, I got the one that is close to my skin tone now (practically pale blue), which defeats the purpose of getting some color on my legs.

How did I go from knowing exactly what I was looking for to leaving with something I didn't want????  Here's how: her tone and her questions.  Granted, no one is responsible for how I feel because I am responsible for myself, but I felt stupid.  She went on and on about how she wouldn't use the cocoa butter, and she uses yada, yada.  So I bought yada, yada, and if one "yada" isn't cheap, the other definitely isn't!

The article mentioned it would take just 3 minutes to dry--she starts telling me that when she uses the stuff, she stands in front of a fan, and not to forget "it's waterproof!"  I don't want to deal with a fan, where the hell had my prerogative gone?  If I wanted to throw away money, let me!


Almost any woman who is reading this knows exactly what I am talking about.  Of course we appreciate the help and the attempt at bonding, but when we know what we want, we know what we want.  If I had gone in and specifically asked for help with something, I would have been extremely grateful for her expertise.  It's terribly frustrating, not only because I get angry at myself but I have to go back and deal with it all again.  Ugh, if there are more questions when I ask for a darker shade, I might just hand the crap back to them and leave, which is a shame because I've been admiring their red lipstick.

I got the cocoa butter despite her advice and used the foundation with it.  So far, I think I'm a fan, as of NOW.

Another makeup tip that I have been using and getting millions of compliments: I use spray bronzer after washing my face in the morning, let it dry while I dress, then put on concealer and blush.  Unfortunately it was not so great when I sprayed my arms and legs because it left a lot of streaks.

Comments

  1. What spray bronzer are you using on your face?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Rex tell you to do it? Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Everyone is now able to post comments. I love me some feedback!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Children Better be Our Future!

Queer as Folk

Phelps, Lochte and Wieber, oh my!