Catching Up, Throwing Up, It's all Pretty Much the Same...

It's been a while since I've written anything.  Part of it is because the format of my blog's host changed and I had a difficult time figuring out how to work it!  Turns out I just needed to sign in.  Go figure.

Since my last posts I have been quite busy: I got myself a nice black eye, my friend had an adorable baby girl, I've gotten a job, was sick for a bit and went back to therapy.  Not that I had given up on the whole thing, but I've been doing it for a while and just needed a break.  It's exhausting, not to mention how tired you can become with yourself.  Part of the reason I went back was because my family has been driving me bonkers.  But the good news is that my therapist said I am probably winning that fight, I'm likely driving them just as nuts, if not more.

The shiner came from a day of much needed and well appreciated margaritas and cosmopolitans.  When I need it, I don't mess around!  My good friend Alexis and I spent a beautiful Saturday afternoon drinking, and late into the evening I fell on the patio…right onto my forehead and eye.  Fortunately I didn't feel a thing and have always wanted a nice black eye.  Plus, it was freaking hilarious!  Later in the evening when I was home and eating a nice midnight Whataburger I noticed my right eye was burning and checked it out in the mirror.  There are a couple people in my life who know how badly I've wanted black and blue makeup, one being my ex.  So I snapped a crooked picture with my phone and sent it in a text message to those two peeps.  You know, just what someone else wants to see at 2:30 AM.  Sadly I woke up quite sick and miserable.  I looked through my phone and realized I had NOT sent the scraped eye text to the right person…I accidentally sent it to a guy I dog sit for.  While he is also a friend, we don't exactly have a common habit of texting each other.  Once again, hilarious.  He thought it was hysterical and had a few tips.  This is what it looked like:

Alexis got a BIG kick out of this.  Turns out she had a bump on her head as well.


Of course I spent the entire day in bed nursing my hangover and laughing at my silly little life.  My sweet mom offered to bring me lunch a couple days later and saw her daughter sprawled out on the couch with greasy hair and this:

Yep.  It got a lot worse!


Since she offered to buy I ordered a flatiron steak with fries and spinach & artichoke dip--not much of a usual Tuesday afternoon lunch.  She got something of a kick out of it, especially with the all natural eyeshadow.  It went away far too quickly, but ended up hurting quite a bit.

As I said, my friend had her baby--I was so excited that when I went to see her and meet her baby girl I changed about 12 times because I wasn't sure what to wear! 

But that's pretty much it.  I'm sure other stuff has happened but even more certain that it's not interesting enough to write about.  Although, I have had quite a few observations, so check for those in the coming posts.

OH!  Check out this precious 2-week old kitty I got to see.  She is precious and tiny and don't worry, I would never take her because I am good in the cat department.  

Her name is Happy.  What a great name to throw out there in the universe, huh?
Check out how cute her paws are, holding onto the bottle.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Children Better be Our Future!

Queer as Folk

Phelps, Lochte and Wieber, oh my!