The Children Better be Our Future!

I find most ironies in life pretty amusing.  In fact, they add a little spice to an otherwise bland existence.  For instance, "if I don't get insurance on my new iPhone then something bad will happen.  But if I don't get insurance, it's a waste of money because nothing will happen."  You can deduct the result of my cheap reasoning: nine months and over $800 later I had the newest iPhone 5.

So, at the first of every month I get excited for my paycheck, and excited if I can pay my rent with a little left to pay my credit or cable bill.  Since I am on commission, I never exactly know what amount will be sent my way.  Due to the very large and unexpected expense in December I was thrilled to be able to cover my rent at the first of January.  It looked like there was going to be some "play" money left, so I thought I would treat myself to a little treat:
Lauren Bush's Ubiquitous "FEED" bag profits go to hungry children in 3rd world countries.


Here is where the aforementioned irony kicks in: after buying the bag I didn't have enough money to FEED myself!!!  Still, my thunder thighs could afford to miss a few meals, but fortunately I soon came down with a terrible cold and my endearing mother filled me up with free soup, so I didn't really need to worry about it for a few days.

I sometimes join my folks for dinner, but they are no dummies.  They know a large part of it has to do with the fact that I don't have to pay for it.  I do enjoy their company, but three nights in a row?  

At the ripe age of 31, I am still scrounging for cash as I did at 25.  It has definitely lost any feeling of being young and carefree.  Plus, I don't know how to cook.

Things are pretty tough when there are not any dog sitting gigs scheduled.  It's terribly surprising how much that extra cash helps.  So unless I find me a rich guy or win the lottery it looks like I could be doing it for a long, long time.

Oh well.  I'm going to see if I have anything in my pantry.  Think I saw some oatmeal I can make with water...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be OK...Just not Today...Or Tomorrow

Queer as Folk